Integrity in business and marketing

Taking relative matters like these require being grounded and real within these domains.

I played soccer. If I ask how to shoot a penalty, my coach won't say: what's a ball? What are feet? Even though perhaps in the long term it'd beneficial to know what these are. What one is asking for is specific advice grounded in the real-world parameters of such activity. Otherwise what you get is innectiveness.

What's effectiveness in business? 

Perhaps once we know what that is we'll be able to answer.

Edited by MetaSage

@MetaSagein the end it’s a tricky question… I think the first and foremost think you can do to establish an authentic business with all its facets is to do what you love and align with it. So at least you are true to yourself regarding why you do it. Nevertheless business is business so if you want to develop a business etc you need some strategies and marketing ideas which develop your business further and attract clients etc. Marketing is manipulation but there is no way out of it if you want to have success especially nowadays where there is a lot of competition. But ( as I said) there are different ways how to align your steps and actions with your love and non attachment of circumstances.. (mindful business). It’s easier said than done but it depends on you. If you are happy and aligned with yourself and the work you do than  there is a good chance that you don’t need to manipulate that much and don’t even have the urge to. You flow with your essence and your customers will follow your work automatically without you  worrying about it that much.

so that doesn’t change the fact that you still have to do your marketing and manipulation here and there but nobody gets hurt.. 

balance is key and it’s your decision how much love you put in the expression of doing business.

Do your best and become an example of doing conscious business. 
what we need most is not the renouncing of business because it’s ,,bad“ or ,,manipulation“ but leaders who show what’s possible when business is done out of love and joy..

as I haves said … easier said than done.😅🙏🏼

Find out for yourself what you want to do and than try to do it in the most beautiful way..and if you find yourself manipulating don’t be harsh on you but contemplate how to do it better next time 🤘🏻

8 hours ago, MetaSage said:

How is spirituality about manipulation?

Like your business, the way you make a living through AoB, consulting calls or videos, etc. Services and products.

Not spirituality, a business about it. if you want to play the games (business, politics, social interaction) as they lay, you will manipulate and pursue self-survival.

What is the manipulation, or what are the manipulative aspects & games being played with, by, at, etc AoB? 

The more specific the better. 

19 hours ago, Phil said:

What is the manipulation, or what are the manipulative aspects & games being played with, by, at, etc AoB? 

The more specific the better. 

Maybe we should start a thread for contemplating what manipulation (and communication) is.

Games such as politics, war, business, sports, social interaction are based on manipulation. 

A business is created in order to generate profit in exchange for a product or service. Participating in such a game means you want to "win", however you define that. This determines one's focus and strategy from the beginning. The survival of the business (self-survival) underlies this objective. Whatever is effective (draws people attention to your business, etc) is consistent with its mission. If people aren't interested, then there's no point in having a biz.

It is played according to the rules. Without manipulation there is no success according to the conventional use of the word. You can run a business in a more direct and honest way, like you seem to do, but that means "success" won't be achieved. 

Notice that no business is simply based on honest communication, not really. That would set it up for failure according to the rules as they lay.

there's my rambling, hope it is made something out of it.

Edited by MetaSage

21 hours ago, LovingPresence said:

@MetaSagein the end it’s a tricky question… I think the first and foremost think you can do to establish an authentic business with all its facets is to do what you love and align with it. So at least you are true to yourself regarding why you do it. Nevertheless business is business so if you want to develop a business etc you need some strategies and marketing ideas which develop your business further and attract clients etc. Marketing is manipulation but there is no way out of it if you want to have success especially nowadays where there is a lot of competition. But ( as I said) there are different ways how to align your steps and actions with your love and non attachment of circumstances.. (mindful business). It’s easier said than done but it depends on you. If you are happy and aligned with yourself and the work you do than  there is a good chance that you don’t need to manipulate that much and don’t even have the urge to. You flow with your essence and your customers will follow your work automatically without you  worrying about it that much.

so that doesn’t change the fact that you still have to do your marketing and manipulation here and there but nobody gets hurt.. 

balance is key and it’s your decision how much love you put in the expression of doing business.

Do your best and become an example of doing conscious business. 
what we need most is not the renouncing of business because it’s ,,bad“ or ,,manipulation“ but leaders who show what’s possible when business is done out of love and joy..

as I haves said … easier said than done.😅🙏🏼

Find out for yourself what you want to do and than try to do it in the most beautiful way..and if you find yourself manipulating don’t be harsh on you but contemplate how to do it better next time 🤘🏻

After paying some attention I realized part of my doubt was about wanting to get some emotional reassurance, so thank you!

Manipulations isn't always bad. You can manipulate in order to help or empower someone. Of course it's still manipulation regardless of intent.

Manipulating seems to be about moving or creating an effect on another (object, person, body, yourself), primarily for one's own benefit but can also include the benefit of another. Like moving a chair. It seems to be even ontological or existential.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

What about creating a thread on assumptions and beliefs, and dissect everything that’s been shared in this thread?

That, too. And ideals.

Let's not assume that since this is a "spiritual" group, manipulation doesn't take place. And don't conflate or bring up the absolute when it comes to relative matters. It's useful to be grounded on the assumed reality of these kind of domains, such as survival and business.

5 minutes ago, MetaSage said:

That, too. And ideals.

Let's not assume that since this is a "spiritual" group, manipulation doesn't take place. And don't conflate or bring up the absolute when it comes to relative matters. It's useful to be grounded on the assumed reality of these kind of domains, such as survival and business.

That could be inspected as well. Might be clarifying to question what’s theoretical or essentially just believed vs indicative of direct experience. 

@MetaSage

Also, if there is an interest in dispelling the beliefs & assumptions / making a thread to… if there is any momentum to these discordant beliefs, we could circle back to that comment about well being and dispel or “cure” if you will, the corresponding dis-ease, or what’s manifest in terms of the body as well. And of course, the tension, stress, impatience, anger, etc therein. Business, and really all relationships & endeavors will seem much easier. Also, AoB, in terms of the definitions (connotations) shared, isn’t a business. 

On 2/27/2023 at 3:08 PM, Phil said:

@MetaSage

Is the question really how does a separate self and selves, survival, meaning, purpose, value, worth (etc, etc) & manipulation jive with integrity & authenticity, as far as nonduality, such that there isn’t hypocrisy etc? Maybe even more so, is the question how could there be alignment & well being therein? Or maybe… how do assumptions & conceptualizations of what (already) is jive with nonduality…?

This one?

Okay.

is the question how could there be alignment & well being therein?

Let's try that.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Also, AoB, in terms of the definitions (connotations) shared, isn’t a business. 

How so? What is it? How would you label it?

3 hours ago, MetaSage said:

is the question how could there be alignment & well being therein?

I’d put that first, above all else.  For that I would start with this…

9 hours ago, Phil said:

… question what’s theoretical or essentially just believed vs indicative of direct experience. 

And I would apply that to everything you’ve said in this thread. I’d also look for deflections (from the responses to your questions) & asserting beliefs which aren’t actually indicative of direct experience. 

3 hours ago, MetaSage said:

How so? What is it? How would you label it?

The label business is fine. I’m just saying it doesn’t meet the criteria you’ve defined business to be. That would really lead back to questioning belief & direct experience in regard to what you’ve shared. 

11 hours ago, Phil said:

And I would apply that to everything you’ve said in this thread. I’d also look for deflections (from the responses to your questions) & asserting beliefs which aren’t actually indicative of direct experience. 

To clarify, you're pointing to making a distinction between concept and experience -- to becoming aware of what is conceptual and what is direct experience?

Edited by MetaSage