What causes depression?

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Do you have a daily practice like meditation, yoga, reiki, devotion, prayer, mindfulness... etc?

Yes. Meditation. I use a technique called observing the space between thoughts. I myself have "invented" this technique. 

Just PM me and I Will be taking care of you teaching you this simple yet effective technique. 

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. Meditation. I use a technique called observing the space between thoughts. I myself have "invented" this technique. 

Just PM me and I Will be taking care of you teaching you this simple yet effective technique. 

This does not sound at all what "meditation" points to.

I recommend the basic body-scan meditation on AoB site, or breathing meditation, holding focus on about an inch belov the navel.

I also recommend checking out if there's are reiki courses near you and taking the class.

As for prayer / devotion, see if it resonates to build an altar or something similar in your home / room and taking care of it on a daily basis. I mean create a space for objects and such you consider sacred. Mindfulness is the key here. A moment and space each day to slow down, be mindful, show devotion, and take a moment off from the rumination.

Volunteering would also be good. See if you find some community / charity to snap off the rumination.

Or just cooking and eating at least one meal or making and drinking a cup of tea etc. intentionally, mindfully. A seremony.

There must be an effortless way.

@Someone here  Following Arthur Janov's thinking (and he's helped many people cure depression), depression is an incomplete re-experience of old pain from childhood or infanthood. It's there, it's stuck, it's trying to come up, but the RE-pression system is too strong. Therefore, the sufferer of depression doesn't know where their lack of meaning and good feelings actually come from. The original cause has been repressed, out of awareness, and with that repression goes meaning. Because it's closing the sufferer off to a part of himself.

Meaningfulness comes with wholeness.

Wholeness comes with healing.

Healing requires feeling old repressed pain all the way through, until the repression (and therefore the depression) is no longer necessary.

We have to cry all the tears we couldn't cry, so today we can smile all the smiles we couldn't smile.

see also my video explanation

@flowboy

Great post! 🤍

The closer you get to the repression mechanism the more it can feel like awareness gets narrowed, as it is repression which is unconscious. As the unconscious becomes conscious, allowing the old pain to be felt, it starts to unravel. The goal must be to just allow it the be there, as trying to change the old pain or change the emotions, is the repression mechanism   itself, the avoidance of feeling, resistance. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:07 PM, Someone here said:

What's the difference between thoughts and concepts? Because you say the first does not cause depression while consepts do! 

On 2/11/2023 at 1:11 PM, Phil said:

Conceptualization

On 1/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, Someone here said:

Consciousness. Experience. Whatever..

On 2/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, flowboy said:

@Someone here  Following Arthur Janov's thinking (and he's helped many people cure depression), depression is an incomplete re-experience of old pain from childhood or infanthood. It's there, it's stuck, it's trying to come up, but the RE-pression system is too strong. Therefore, the sufferer of depression doesn't know where their lack of meaning and good feelings actually come from. The original cause has been repressed, out of awareness, and with that repression goes meaning. Because it's closing the sufferer off to a part of himself.

Meaningfulness comes with wholeness.

Wholeness comes with healing.

Healing requires feeling old repressed pain all the way through, until the repression (and therefore the depression) is no longer necessary.

We have to cry all the tears we couldn't cry, so today we can smile all the smiles we couldn't smile.

see also my video explanation

Well said Erik. You're very welcome here. I sent you pm too.

Edited by Cupcake

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.