Is Perception Flat or Does it Have Depth?

Orb

@Orb  You would be PERCIEVING similarly even when become "explicitly aware" that your being is experienced before what it is appearing. (which is so simply it is almost funny; almost always you will know intuitively this is to be the case). The most important thing is what can you do with yourself in terms of practical function(in the context of being aware of your being) <being/conscious> could learn, love, perform, connect with others and more can be explored for sure. I have seen people who put it all on their being when it comes to prioritizing tasks or answering questions or even connecting with friends(they will take a decision towards a friend based on what their being is "informing" because in the long term that would put them in a better position both for themselves and for the friend rather than taking a decision based on how one is feeling at the moment). The function of this aspect of your being which is unconditioned is what it is interesting. It can shape your decision making but also your experience. It is good to know this all, what is making the bubble, why sometimes there is a bubble sometimes there is not, who are you in direct experience and so on and so on - interesting but it wont change so much.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:32 AM, Phil said:

“Bhikkhus, the teaching is merely a vehicle to describe the truth. Don’t mistake it for the truth itself. A finger pointing at the moon is not
the moon. The finger is needed to know where to look for the moon, but if you mistake the finger for the moon itself, you will never know
the real moon. The teaching is like a raft that carries you to the other shore. The raft is needed, but the raft is not the other shore. An intelligent person
would not carry the raft around on his head after making it across to the other shore. Bhikkhus, my teaching is the raft which can help you
cross to the other shore beyond birth and death. Use the raft to cross to the other shore, but don’t hang onto it as your property. Do not
become caught in the teaching. You must be able to let it go.”

Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha

In the context of perception being a ball I mean.

No concept applies to perception. Being a ball, having a shape are concepts. They can be part of perception, but never defines it. Perception is as much of a unicorn as it is a ball.

4201 is my number

1 hour ago, Winter said:

In the context of perception being a ball I mean.

No concept applies to perception. Being a ball, having a shape are concepts. They can be part of perception, but never defines it. Perception is as much of a unicorn as it is a ball.

The suggestion here is not to apply a concept to perception. The suggestion is to look at the moon. 

34 minutes ago, Winter said:

Yup that sounds about right. I don't see how this would have anything to do with perception, other than being a specific thing that can be perceived among other things.

The spheres aren’t things which have something to do with perception. Perception is a conceptualization of the spheres. There is no actual direct experience of perception being that of objects perceived (by a perceiver). 

34 minutes ago, Winter said:

Perception is not a ball, perception is no-definition 🙂

It’s two balls, holon(s). 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The spheres aren’t things which have something to do with perception. Perception is a conceptualization of the spheres. There is no actual direct experience of perception being that of objects perceived (by a perceiver).

"of the spheres" is a concept. I'm not sure what this refers to for you.

It's clear to me in absolute presence, in peace there comes no "spheres". It's just this, the way it is. Shapeless, formless yet full of shapes and full of form. It is absolutely nothing yet also absolutely everything. I absolutely do not see what is spherical about it, although perhaps there is something spherical about your current experience right now. Current experience is everything and can also be anything yet it cannot be described as more of a thing than another.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It’s two balls, holon(s).

It's actually baloney 😂

Edited by Winter

4201 is my number

12 hours ago, Winter said:

"of the spheres" is a concept. I'm not sure what this refers to for you.

It's clear to me in absolute presence, in peace there comes no "spheres". It's just this, the way it is. Shapeless, formless yet full of shapes and full of form. It is absolutely nothing yet also absolutely everything. I absolutely do not see what is spherical about it, although perhaps there is something spherical about your current experience right now. Current experience is everything and can also be anything yet it cannot be described as more of a thing than another.

Ok.

12 hours ago, Winter said:

It's actually baloney 😂

😂 nice. 

On 1/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, Orb said:

It's flat! What do you guys think?

Intellectual though has no depth because a brain is measuring what one experienced since conceived, learned after birth. always comparing what took place against what is evolving as a whole forward now.

So many details and results never same total sum twice.  Where does the historical confusion come from?  Trained to follow power of suggestion last 400 generation gaps passed through space evolving here one at a time still.

Brain is the organ of the central nervous system working instincts, intelligence, intellect, inside out and society governs people observing evolving outside in with hindsight being 20/20.

Reasonable doubt is the devil's advocate in time occupying space evolving forward in plain sight.  theories and theologies only add confusion on purpose to establish a chain of command directing social outcomes tomorrow when living never exceeds the moment herebecause of simple compounding DNA results changing form shaped fertilized cell to decomposing corpse regardless lived to reach 16 dead great great grandparents or an aborted great great grandchild.  

Living doesn't exceed occupying space here now. Every reality promises each generation gap that isn't possible. everyone became a player of lets pretend now isn't eternity and now this species is facing self extinciton because nobody accepts life in real time but me.