Is Perception Flat or Does it Have Depth?

Orb

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

There would have to be consciousness and efficiency for consciousness to care or not care about efficiency. Consciousness is perfection, so when consciousness be’s, it be’s of / as the perfection ‘it’ Is. 

So ball is perfect but not cube?

Seems more like to me that any shape when giving an "infinite size" is identical to being shapeless and that any concept of shape like "ball" or "sphere" is content and not a property of consciousness or perception.

4201 is my number

38 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil You never got to the point of bringing up why I got two balls.

Because one appears as two spheres, wherein two create one. You’ve got a pair, she’s got a pair, the two of you are a pair, etc, etc. All experience must inherently be (seemingly) dualistic. All leads to creating ‘another’ one. And yet there is an exception to every rule as well. 

20 minutes ago, Winter said:

So ball is perfect but not cube?

Seems more like to me that any shape when giving an "infinite size" is identical to being shapeless and that any concept of shape like "ball" or "sphere" is content and not a property of consciousness or perception.

Exactly. That would be ridiculous. That’s not what’s being said though. 

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because one appears as two spheres, wherein two create one. You’ve got a pair, she’s got a pair, the two of you are a pair, etc, etc. All experience must inherently be (seemingly) dualistic. All leads to creating ‘another’ one. And yet there is an exception to every rule as well. 

Exactly. That would be ridiculous. That’s not what’s being said though. 

Well you said it's a ball. But it's as much of a unicorn than a ball.

4201 is my number

7 hours ago, Phil said:

The concept, yes. The ‘moon’, no. 

Not seeing what distinction you are making here.

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

Spheres are far more pretty that cubes and two balls is way more funny than one. Follow and subscribe for more deep spiritual insights. 

Erm "efficient" is the word. No body shaming here, all shapes are valid and beautiful the way they are. But lets be honest, hexagons are the bestagons.

4201 is my number

8 hours ago, Winter said:

Not seeing what distinction you are making here.

“Bhikkhus, the teaching is merely a vehicle to describe the truth. Don’t mistake it for the truth itself. A finger pointing at the moon is not
the moon. The finger is needed to know where to look for the moon, but if you mistake the finger for the moon itself, you will never know
the real moon. The teaching is like a raft that carries you to the other shore. The raft is needed, but the raft is not the other shore. An intelligent person
would not carry the raft around on his head after making it across to the other shore. Bhikkhus, my teaching is the raft which can help you
cross to the other shore beyond birth and death. Use the raft to cross to the other shore, but don’t hang onto it as your property. Do not
become caught in the teaching. You must be able to let it go.”

Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha

On 1/17/2023 at 10:00 PM, Orb said:

Especially if you're looking from this ball and cannot see it since you're looking from it?

You can see it though, so to speak. It’s literally this right now. 

You’re not looking from it, you’re appearing as it all, therein making it seem to yourself you’re looking from a ‘center’. 

There might be some man made walls in the way at the moment, but that aside, look around. 

It’s spherical. Look to the sky, the horizon, the atmosphere, every planet and every star.

Look even beyond, it goes forever, because this is infinity.

What seems to be a room is a sphere, what seems to be a my peripheral vision is a sphere.   

Notice the edge of perception / peripheral is only implied by thought, and an edge isn’t actually ‘there’. 

Same for sensation. 

Same for you. 

😘