The concept of suffering (dukkha) in buddhism

Someone here

39 minutes ago, Someone here said:

what exactly is that ?

Nobody knows. 

What in your direct experience is unchanging? 

That there’s no direct experience. 

I would say that change itself is the only unchanging thing ..Do you agree? 

Of course not. There is no unchanging thing. 

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If you mean awareness..you can't separate awareness from that which It is aware of .otherwise you might fall into dualism. 

Imagine if something lasted forever. The Quarantine in 2021 was  more or less hell for everyone, and almost none of us would want quarantine to drag on forever.

Hate to burst your bubble about what feels like eternity (or it does for me and the people around me), but not a single nanosecond of eternity has passed. Because all past and future..all times ..are imaginary. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

eternal

44 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I get ya .so by mistaking the direct experience of our eternal infinite Self (which I don't have access to yet because I'm not enlightened yet )..with the apparent material existence..we blur the two and as a consequence believe that ,for example, the true self will die along with death of the body ,am I understanding you correctly? 

There are no separate selves, enlightened or otherwise. 

48 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is that correct ?

Not even close. 

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes .so the screen of consciousness or what's directly occurring right this very moment is all that there is ..the boundaries we perceive between different objects is an illusory perception because its  just one unified undifferentiated field of isness with stuff popping in and out that can make it seem like stuff is happening and time is real etc? 

No. Not even remotely close. 

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't know how can you deny the reality of there being a "me " or " my personal life " and at the same paragraph reaffirm it (ye listens...)😅

Is there a you or not ? You gotta make up your mind sir lol.

Not holding the same beliefs isn’t denial, it’s heaven, nirvana, bliss, cessation, and not even. 

55 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But you can say that about anything and it doesn't change what Is real . Sure you can call a knife a conceptualization..but when I wound you with it becomes more real than real ...

🤦🏼 Daily meditation brother. Cup is overfilled. 

58 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well I guess you are hinting at my comment when I said "if I had enough balls to commit suicide I would " ...don't take it too seriously..I'm generally very grounded person and suicide doesn't occur to me that often..but thanks.  Thanks for your clarifications and for your caring about my well being 🙏

Much love! 🙏🏻 

@Phil much love to you too brother 💙

But I guess we are back to the problem of me not understanding your technical jargon.  You have to meet people where they at . Not everyone is as intelligent or enlightened as you and you must take that into consideration.  If you noticed ,I skipped over some of your last reply because I couldn't even understand it. 

I dislike jargon mostly because of how exclusive they are (and sometimes how long they can be, especially in science). However, it’s important for the sake of quick communications. Although it’s more understandable to say a longer but more general version of a word, it’s not time-efficient. Besides, there are some things that just can’t be easily explained in general terms. I don’t think anyone would want to constantly use general terms for something like awakening or enlightenment.  Awakening should be simple. And the knowledge about it should be simple and straightforward.  That's why I like Leo's style in his forum .he doesn't play around with zen koans and confuse the hell out of you ..he talks straightforward.  Like "you are God ","there are many degrees of awakening, the highest being God-Realization "etc.  Now ,I understand that you disagree with these ..but I'm talking about the structure not the content. 

Also jargon is a way of avoiding unpleasant truths.  For example, a military does not say “We killed the wrong people.” They say “There was some collateral damage.”

How do you suggest that I cam improve in understanding you better ? Because I know that what you're saying is epic and so fucking profound ..but why do I have to read it three or four times before I fully understand it 🙃

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

But I guess we are back to the problem of me not understanding your technical jargon. 

You have to meet people where they at . Not everyone is as intelligent or enlightened as you and you must take that into consideration.  If you noticed ,I skipped over some of your last reply because I couldn't even understand it. 

Look over it, or ask questions, all good either way. 👊🏻  Regardless of any of your beliefs as it were - I am not a teacher!

What’s said there is from the illusory perspective of the ego, but in fact there aren’t separate selves and there aren’t enlightened selves. Intelligence is actually yourself, but you’re projecting intelligence, same as you do with feeling. Therein if I met you where you’re at I’d be experiencing the delusion, suffering & anxiety. I’d be saying exactly what you just said, which I Am! 😂 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I dislike jargon mostly because of how exclusive they are (and sometimes how long they can be, especially in science). However, it’s important for the sake of quick communications. Although it’s more understandable to say a longer but more general version of a word, it’s not time-efficient. Besides, there are some things that just can’t be easily explained in general terms. I don’t think anyone would want to constantly use general terms for something like awakening or enlightenment.  Awakening should be simple. And the knowledge about it should be simple and straightforward.  That's why I like Leo's style in his forum .he doesn't play around with zen koans and confuse the hell out of you ..he talks straightforward.  Like "you are God ","there are many degrees of awakening, the highest being God-Realization "etc.  Now ,I understand that you disagree with these ..but I'm talking about the structure not the content. 

Also jargon is a way of avoiding unpleasant truths.  For example, a military does not say “We killed the wrong people.” They say “There was some collateral damage.”

How do you suggest that I cam improve in understanding you better ? Because I know that what you're saying is epic and so fucking profound ..but why do I have to read it three or four times before I fully understand it 🙃

Because you’ve been brainwashed into believing everything you just said. It’s not that I don’t agree, it’s that I don’t believe these things. 

I am! 

😂 😂 😂 So to speak 😂 You’re talking to someone who was kicked out of a nonduality forum for stating there aren’t separate selves - just love!

How much more obvious could delusion & “ego” be!? Regardless of what Leo believes as it were - I am not a teacher!

Oh God, thank you for that!!! 😂 

If you have any specific questions though about what’s said, feel free! 

Or just “cut me” cause I’m toxic! 😂♥️

Or… move onto the second noble truth. 

@Someone here

🤍🙏

I used to do really long sits 1-3 hours, sometimes whole days just, then that turned into doing lots of walks around where I lived. Not thinking at all, focused solely on the alinement of my body, because that is all I cared about I was in so much pain, that is what is ‘in front of You’ in a sense. How relaxed can it get? 

Connect to the Earth. 

Meditate.

If thinking focus on emotions,

There are really no forms at all,

Love has no mechanism,

It is Nothing.

Empty the cup.

❤️🔥🍺🌊

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

Read through this thread looking for jargon to possibly clarify but I don’t see any. Seems like ordinary words, but let me know if there’s any specific words that seem like jargon…

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

If you mean awareness..you can't separate awareness from that which It is aware of .otherwise you might fall into dualism. 

That actually isn’t the case, as there is no duality (already) to fall into. That’s an experience of thought attachment. Dualism is not a ‘thing’ a ‘self’ could ‘fall into’. It’s just the activity of thought, like solipsism, Mormonism, Jainism, last Thursday-ism, etc, etc. 

Pure awareness, as in not vibration or vibrating, not thoughts, perception, sensation, emotions, etc… definitely Is & Is aware of the vibrational appearance of thoughts, perception, sensations, emotions, etc, and is aware that it is being ‘these’. Pure awareness as it were is never ‘touched’ or changed in any way by the appearance. This isn’t a duality, in very literally the same manor that light or feeling isn’t a duality.

Duality, or simply an apparent experience of  ‘two’, arises only as the spheres, and then accordingly as the apparent content of thought (about there being a self & world, and or self & other selves). There isn’t actually duality (to ‘fall into’), as these are vibrational appearance of nondual. Thoughts (also appearance) arise about “light” being particle or wave, about there being more or less light, or ‘degrees of light’, about dualism or other isms, about a separate self which could fall into, get lost in, get sucked into etc…but as light, awareness is aware that it is, nondual / light Is aware that it is, light. 

So ‘falling into dualism’ isn’t actually, or at least doesn’t need to be a concern because it isn’t actually possible. That would be like ‘turning off the dark’, if you get what I’m sayin here. If this isn’t seen so to speak, meditation is the ‘way’ to see it, as via only thoughts… pure awareness as the “true identity” if you will is veiled by identifying with thoughts (about degrees of itself, itself falling into, etc - self referential thoughts), perception, sensations, emotions, etc. It’s as if pure awareness is ‘blurry’ or seems ‘blended’ with experience, but only seems so actually by believing thoughts about… thoughts, perception, sensation, emotions, etc (vibrational appearance of itself).

That make any sense?

Hate to burst your bubble about what feels like eternity (or it does for me and the people around me), but not a single nanosecond of eternity has passed. Because all past and future..all times ..are imaginary. 

Similarly, there is the actual feeling as eternal (being)… and… there is how the apparent experience of thoughts about “eternity” feel. There is also how thoughts about “feeling”, feel. This isn’t a duality, as there isn’t duality. Eternal is vibrationally appearing as the thought, eternity (time). There isn’t a ‘separate’, ‘second’ or ‘additional self’ in time. (It’s not that there is no self, it’s that there is one infinite self, which being infinite, can not ‘think itself’, because it’s already appearing as thoughts).

Not sure if this clarifies or complicates or seems like jargon, but the same is of course true for consciousness… same being, different word / thought, synonymous with infinite self… as consciousness is just another pointing word like awareness, feeling or light. Pure consciousness is always aware of degrees of consciousness being self referential thoughts about (infinite) consciousness. Self referential thoughts. Pure consciousness is always conscious that past, future, all times are not imaginary, but are thoughts. The apparent “content” of arising thoughts. 

Pure consciousness isn’t a thinker, intellectual, etc. These are Self referential thoughts (about identity). 

Pure consciousness is love, feeling, light… not any ‘thing’ ever ‘thunk’ so to speak. 

which I don't have access to yet because I'm not enlightened yet

Likewise, that’s a thought that there is a second self, which doesn’t have access to, the very awareness aware of, consciousness conscious of - the thought. Only the thought, or the believing of the thought, veils (if at all). The thought is the vibrational appearance of the I. But the thought about another I is believed. As this is missed due to the thought being believed, it then seems like there are “enlightened selves”, and if only that “I” could become enlightened, this would be clear. But of course This is clarity (also nondual), and is only obscured by the belief(s)… which is suffering. Again, none of the thoughts are “it”, and meditation is ‘the way less way’, as when thought activity, vibration appearance fizzles or x comes to rest, only the truth remains. 

So  the nature of human being.. His nature is to be exactly the way he is. You can do whatever you do but you can not become anything other than you are right now.

The path to enlightenment is illusion too? But you for yourself must realize it. That is why the path is required. The path is here to show you that you can NOT "become" anything other than what you already eternally are.

So..No bliss, no Nirvana, no absolute conciousness? These all are just illusory stages on your way back to the most simple “state” of being. Same as you were born, but you forgot.

I think the Good news are that there is nothing you can do to become what you are. The bad news are that people do not realize it and trying to become all other, being not satisfied with the simplicity of the moment.

But in this very simplicity is hidden the freedom one is  looking for. Is that correct ?

“It’s” so simple, that “it’s” unconditional. 

People, states, degrees, enlightenment, illusion, you realizing yourself, etc, etc, etc are all thoughts… and are the conditions.

(Hence, ‘thought attachment’ & ‘spiritual bypassing’).

The freedom is that there isn’t anyone looking for freedom. 

The freedom longed for is already longing.