I hate my parents

Kevin

@Kevin You know how babies are just totally fascinated by colors, faces patterns and lights? When you're around people you can turn into a baby again, really look at people that way, like you've never seen the before, listen to their voices. It's a whole load of BS that has seemingly built up (but has not) that you know who your parents are or how anyone is. We all remain complete and utter mysteries. 

Youtube Channel  

18 hours ago, Winter said:

Imagine someone else had this problem and you wanted to force them to forgive their parents. You start telling them "You really suck for not forgiving your parents. Only mediocre people hold grudges, you should really be ashamed of yourself." Is there any good outcome that can come out of this shaming and bullying? If you "forgive" because someone shamed you for "not forgiving" is this really forgiveness or coercion?

But this is essentially what you are doing to yourself. Shaming yourself for having emotions, for not being this expected version of yourself. If you want true forgiveness then you want to give yourself the actual freedom to forgive or not and this means being open to the possibility that you don't want to forgive. You have the right to not forgive them, this is your life and you can live it in whichever way you want.

I’ve never looked at it this way before. Thank you, I really needed to hear that.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

@Kevin You know how babies are just totally fascinated by colors, faces patterns and lights? When you're around people you can turn into a baby again, really look at people that way, like you've never seen the before, listen to their voices. It's a whole load of BS that has seemingly built up (but has not) that you know who your parents are or how anyone is. We all remain complete and utter mysteries. 

True looking at things with fresh eyes is good.