We gaslight our shame into continuing,

When only True Love can really up root it.

Let the sediment be disrupted,

Let it settle back down,

Still the Real Flower remains unfettered.

Allow every emotion to be at the table, 
Guiding each other as one force,

Nothing can tell you how to feel other then you,

Don’t get lost in mental zoo,

Stay with feeling,

Understand what is there,

What is the force of that life over there doing?

Where is it going?

What seeming choices is it making?

What is ignored?

What is stored?

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

@Loop

🙏🏻 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/gaslighting

Countering: 

This is when someone questions a person’s memory. They may say things such as, “Are you sure about that? You have a bad memory,” or “I think you are forgetting what really happened.”

Withholding: 

This involves someone pretending they do not understand the conversation, or refusing to listen, to make a person doubt themselves. For example, they might say, “Now you are just confusing me,” or “I do not know what you are talking about.”

Trivializing: 

This occurs when a person belittles or disregards how someone else feels. They may accuse them of being “too sensitive” or overreacting in response to valid and reasonable concerns.

Denial: 

Denial involves a person refusing to take responsibility for their actions. They may do this by pretending to forget what happened, saying they did not do it, or blaming their behavior on someone else.

Diverting: 

With this technique, a person changes the focus of a discussion by questioning the other person’s credibility. For example, they might say, “That is just nonsense you read on the internet. It is not real.”

Stereotyping: 

An article in the American Sociological Review says that a person may intentionally use negative stereotypes about someone’s gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, nationality, or age to gaslight them. For example, they may say that no one will believe a woman if she reports abuse.

@Phil

Withholding & countering probably being the one I have most experienced others doing to me. People like to do that to me a lot especially when they know about my head injuries, sometimes sarcasm about autism, it got to the point where I started gaslighting myself about autism. So I guess stereotyping is in there too.

There is very subtle trivializing, which represses a lot of sadness, doesn’t let me cry as much as I know I want to. 

Diverting… non-dual bypass. “It is just a concept” “Don’t focus on your pain” “Don’t focus on the trauma” “That will just make you feel sad”. Well this is what healing is. 

I have been in denial about my emotional pain, saying it is physical for a long time. 

Edited by Loop

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.