Anything We Say is just a Personal Opinion, Nothing to do with Truth

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

Yeah no worries I see that. But this is deeply concerning, what is this issue I have that I require help with? How can Consciousness, Nothingness, The Universe or Oneness be helped?

There is no issue. If you need help, I am here to help. It can be helped with LOVE. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Or maybe the thought that there is a thing is believed. 

If I say "blue unicorn" do you know believe that there is a blue unicorn?

Introducing a concept doesn't imply anything about that concept, whether it exists or not whether its real or not. But it implies that this concept is itself, as a concept. The blue unicorn is the blue unicorn no matter what the blue unicorn actually is or whether it is.

4201 is my number

4 hours ago, Winter said:

If I say "blue unicorn" do you know believe that there is a blue unicorn?

How’s that relate? 

If you label something then that thing is labelled.

Or maybe the thought that there is a thing is believed.

4 hours ago, Winter said:

Introducing a concept doesn't imply anything about that concept, whether it exists or not whether its real or not. But it implies that this concept is itself, as a concept. The blue unicorn is the blue unicorn no matter what the blue unicorn actually is or whether it is.

A concept is a self?

A separate thing?

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

How’s that relate? 

If you label something then that thing is labelled.

Or maybe the thought that there is a thing is believed.

In which way does defining something implies that the existence of the thing is believed? Definitions are made for the sake of conversation, I need to assume the meaning of words you use in order to have a conversation with you. Of course it doesn't imply that those definitions exist or are believed or any other duality. The statement I was making in sentence you quoted is the assertion that X = X, where X can be any concept you are referring to. Saying that X is not equal to X, or that Jesus is not Jesus or that Blue unicorn is not Blue unicorn, is non sense as far as english goes.

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

A concept is a self?

A separate thing?

There is no such thing as "a self", self is simply a reference to the subject in a sentence. "A camera can see itself with a mirror." It is used to imply identity or sameness. When I used "itself" in this sentence I meant "the same concept", but this doesn't define any property to the concept, including separateness. Whether you want to conceptualize concepts as separated is up to you.

4201 is my number

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

“If you label something then that thing is labelled”. 

If the statement above implies existence then I must believe in the existence blue unicorns because I brought it up once in a conversation. You could replace "labelled" by "mentioned" or "said". The fact something has been labelled implies nothing about about it beside the fact it was previously brought up, labelled, defined or mentioned.

Edited by Winter

4201 is my number

People seem to have different understandings of what duality means.  This is how I think of duality.  The idea of nonduality is a rejection of the "the Exclusive Or" or rigid division between the two poles of certain dualities.  What this allows is shadow integration in terms of challenging the privileging of one side over the other, and also realizing there might not be such a bright-line division between the two poles of certain dualities.  Sometimes the words "integrating" and "transcending" dualities is used in this context.  

Mind vs. Body. 
Me vs. The Whole (Individual vs. Collective)
Intellect vs. Heart
Truth vs. Opinion
Man vs. God
Relative vs. Absolute
Inner vs. Outer
Masculine vs. Feminine
Duality vs. Nonduality
Truth vs. Falsity
Thing vs. Process
Alive vs. Dead
Beauty vs. Ugly
Success vs. Failure
Wise vs. Fool
Problem vs. Solution
Joy vs. Sorrow
Pain vs. Pleasure
Right vs. Wrong (Moral vs. Immoral)(Ethical vs. Unethical)
Peace vs. War
Teacher vs. Student
Order vs. Disorder (Cosmos vs. Chaos)
Etc.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Phil said:

“If you label something then that thing is labelled”. 

There you are. Phil goes Philing.

Nahm goes nahming. ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Cupcake

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.